Thursday, October 16, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
In the meantime, the Holiday edition of Go West! Craft Fest is returning to the Rotunda on SUNDAY, December 14th. Vendor applications will open very soon so stay tuned!
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
Here are some tips to make the most of your visit...
- SEPTA tokens. The Fest is right across from the 40th Street trolley portal, served by the 12, 13, 34 and 36 trolleys. Hop on any westbound "Green Line" subway/surface car from Center City (EXCEPT the 10) and arrive in minutes. There will be once again NO visitor parking inside The Woodlands however plenty of parking on the street and surrounding neighborhood. This makes for an enjoyable family friendly atmosphere for all.
- Comfortable shoes. While the Fest is conveniently close to the entrance, visitors may choose to explore farther into the 54-acre grounds. Featuring the Hamilton Mansion, a grand example of 18th century neoclassical architecture.William Hamilton, an avid botanist, collected and planted dozens of various trees on the estate, many of which are now some of our nation's oldest and largest specimens, thriving among the monuments for over 30 thousand eternal Philadelphians. Stroll the winding paths and see for yourself. There will be tours of the landscape, check in with The Woodlands table at the front entrance.
- Your Gift List. Our talented vendors make a huge variety of products, like jewelry, clothing, accessories, fine art, cards, toys, candles, teas and more. Keep in mind your loved ones' birthdays, weddings, and of course it's never too early to start Holiday Shopping. Your unique GO WEST! gift will be fondly remembered because it was made with love and care by a local artisan.
- A Tote Bag, to carry all of your new-found treasures. If you forget, several vendors offer unique eco-friendly shopping bags, like these.
- Cash. Although some of our vendors do accept credit cards, not all do and there is a good chance that the irresistible treasure you discovered may not be seen again (even at VIX). Also did you know when you pay by credit card to a small business they’re losing valuable dollars per transaction to a huge credit card company? We’re happy to take your cards, but we like cash much better. The closest ATM is at Mill Creek Tavern, 4200 Chester Avenue.
- A Blanket for a Picnic Lunch . The Woodlands is a perfect place for a picnic, Black Orchid will have vegan sandwiches and mac & cheese for the kids, Taco Angeleno will have all manner of Mexican style tacos, Aksum will feature middle eastern goodies & The Satellite Café will be there for all of your coffee needs.
- Your Sweet Tooth, with gourmet popsicles from the Lil Pop Shop and Weckerleys Ice Cream it will be hard not to resist something, not to mention vegan treats from The Satellite Cafe!
- Children, who will have tons of fun singing and playing music with Ann from the Green Tambourine. They'll be mesmerized by fancy juggling tricks and hula hoopers and do free arts and crafts courtesy of the UC Arts League & The Philly Free School.
- Sunscreen & a Jacket. Weather forecasts are looking promising but a little uncertain, so be ready for anything the springtime might bring. If the morning is clear, the show will go on!
- A Spooky or Fall Themed Book, for the All Hallow's Read book drive, you'll get a different one back if come to the book hunt on October 26th.
- Your senses of curiosity, creativity and wonder, and enough time to experience the day. Here's the musical line up:
1 pm: Julian Root & friends - traditional roots/bluegrass/Americana
2 pm: Silverton - uncompromisingly positive folk rock
3 pm: All Around This World - international children's music with Jay Sand
4 pm: Shakey Lyman - blues legend
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Before that though, we're getting ready for a fabulous Fall Go West! Craft Fest in just over 2 weeks. We have so many amazing vendors, great music and of course what could be better than hanging out at The Woodlands for the day!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Like our facebook page for news and updates and tell all your friends about it there too on the invite.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Vendors may apply now through July 25 for the Fall 2014 Go West Craft Fest, September 13, 11-5 at the Woodlands, 40th & Woodland in West Philadelphia. We are looking forward to our 6th outdoor show at the Woodlands, featuring original local crafts, food from local eateries, children's activities, and live music.