- SEPTA tokens. The Fest is right across from the 40th Street trolley portal, served by the 12, 13, 34 and 36 trolleys. Hop on any westbound "Green Line" subway/surface car from Center City (EXCEPT the 10) and arrive in minutes.
- Comfortable shoes. While the Fest is conveniently close to the entrance, visitors may choose to explore farther into the 54-acre grounds and even tour the Hamilton Mansion, a grand example of 18th century neoclassical architecture. William Hamilton, an avid botanist, collected and planted dozens of various trees on the estate, many of which are now some of our nation's oldest and largest specimens, thriving among the monuments for over 30 thousand eternal Philadelphians. Stroll the winding paths and see for yourself.
- Your Gift List. Our talented vendors make a huge variety of products, like jewelry, clothing, accessories, fine art, cards, toys, candles, teas and more, even honey produced right there on the grounds of the Woodlands. Keep in mind your loved ones' birthdays, weddings, graduations and other gift-giving occasions like Mother's Day and Father's Day. Your unique GO WEST! gift will be fondly remembered because it was made with love and care by a local artisan.
- Cash. Some of our vendors do accept credit cards, but there is a good chance that the irresistible treasure you discover can be had for cash only and may not be seen again (even at VIX). The closest ATM is at Mill Creek Tavern, 4200 Chester Avenue.
- A Picnic Lunch and Blanket. The Woodlands is a perfect place for a picnic, but keep in mind that besides Black Orchid's vegan specialties, there will be no prepared food available at the event. Pack a bag or stop by on your way to get a banh mi from Fu Wah, a chaat from Desi Chaat, or something yummy from Milk & Honey, Best House, Green Line or any of the other fine food establishments on Baltimore Avenue. The closest food/beverage availability is Starbucks, 4140 Woodland.
- A child, who will have tons of fun singing and playing music with Jay Sand of All Around This World at 1pm, and be mesmerized by fancy juggling tricks and trapeze artists.
- A camera, to capture memories of a perfect spring day, the flowering trees, historic monuments, and the dazzling aerial feats that TinyCircus will perform at 3pm!
- Your senses of curiosity, creativity and wonder, and enough time to experience the day. Hope to see you there!
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Checklist for GO WEST! Craft Fest
The trees are in full bloom, and the weather should be lovely this Saturday. What a perfect day for a Craft Fest! Here are some things to remember that might help make the most of your day at GO WEST! Craft Fest at The Woodlands.